Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"The Liebster Honors"

Imagine my surprise this afternoon to log on and find that I had won a little blog award. Just want to say thanks to Anna for choosing me along with her five. I was blog walking and found Anna's blog on the linky list. Her's is called "Universal Gibberish" She blogs about movies, her writing journey, her dreams, and everything else that inspires her. I always look forward to her updates!

http://universalgibberish.blogspot.com/
( I couldn't put the link with the picture- how'd they do that?)
You know what the funny thing about this is? A few weeks ago, I asked a friend to help me come up with a little blog award. I don't have a very good program to do that myself. The idea actually came from following a blog called "Alice's Bucket List." She is from the UK and while I don't know Alice personally, I feel so thankful for so much after reading her blog. Alice is a teenager with terminal cancer and blogs and journals the struggles with the disease, as well as happy times. I keep her in my thoughts and prayers. I stumble on so many very good blog reads that I know people put so much time and work into and wanted to come up with something to say thanks for all the hard work. Please look for that after the April A-Z Bloggers challenge.
The Liebster Award is for groovy blogs with less then 200 followers. It's a great way to find new blogs and help others get discovered. Thank you Anna for choosing my blog. I feel honored that you chose my ramblings to pass it onto.  This is so much better than the Publishers Clearing House I have been waiting on for some time now.
To accept the award you must do a few things:1) Thank the person that nominated you on your blog and link back to them.
2) Nominate up to 5 other blogs for the award.
3) Let them know via comment on their blog
4) Post the award on your blog

Oops!!! I forgot to mention, I am so glad Anna translated the award. I would have no idea what it meant. Anna says, "The word liebster is German for "dearest"
She is absolutely right about one thing. Holy Cow, the hardest part was having to choose which blogs to give it to. There are just so many great reads to pick from.  
Serendipituous  Her blog has bits and pieces of the ordinary life of a girl with lots of questions and observations, and on occasion her serendipituous moments as she finds her place in this world
Life... Minute by Minute Judy's blogs random thoughts of a girl who used to try to fit in the box, but the realized that boxes are stupid. Another blog that I find myself watching for updates.
Random Interruptions Heather is a case manager for people with disabilities, but has a burning desire to be a writer. Stop by and join her journey.
Seriously, WTH? Her blog calling out the stupid, and boy is there a lot to call out is hilarious and has a brutally honest touch.
My Simply Inspired  Michelle's blog is a family oriented blog with a little here, a little there you know those little crazy, sometimes thought provoking, maybe creative, random somethings.
I just wish I could have given more. This makes me sad. But as mentioned earlier a friend is helping me to make a little award to give out.
So, Let's get it started, Let's get it started in here. Let's get it... oh wait...

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I'm in the middle of preparing for my big training at work so it might take a few days but I will do this as soon as I can. I'm honored :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. Its been a little crazy around here too. : )

      Delete
    2. OK, so I was so excited I did it tonight. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Is that your first award?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah on the award. : ) As mentioned. I see them on a lot of blog reads and just days ago mentioned I was thinking of doing something like that. : )

      Delete
  3. Thank you SO much! You are now plastered on my blog (including a permanent link under the award badge on the side of my blog). I am definitely going to check out the other blogs too:) Yeah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! :) I feel honored:) I will follow through with my honorary obligations And forward the award and link up very soon! Its been a crazy few days. Again, thanks so much!! :) My first award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very welcome hun. I duno how to do the link either lol, I did them separately. How did you get it under the pic like that? :P

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!