Saturday, June 23, 2012

"A Fabulous Day (I hope) and a Bloggy Award"

I often don't post anything on Saturday's; well anything really worthwhile anyway. It's summer and many folks are out enjoying the nice weather OR basking in the heat having to do all those outside chores procrastinated during the week- that's us-well except for today. I don't have to work. Hubby had the idea yesterday to plan a fishing trip for us. I am terrified to find out where he is taking us. I am positive it will be to two places either Snakehead Fish River OR Alligator Lake, both are crawling with beasts and water moccasins. Oh yay me! I can't wait! I am probably strong enough to survive a heat stroke setting in our truck! Today, I will take Leigh's advice (Em-Musing) while setting there in the baking sun and do my Kegal's which hopefully will keep my mind off of whatever beast is hiding out in the water! 


Today though before I hit the dusty trail I want to thank Heather who blogs Random Interruptions for the cute little blogger award. 
In order to accept you must:
1. Post the rules on your blog. (check)
2. Name five of your most fabulous moments, either in real life or in the blogosphere.
3. Name five things you love.
4. Name five things you hate.
5. Pass the ribbon on to five other bloggers. (Leave them a comment to notify them of their win.)

5 Fabulous moment:
Meeting my hubby
The day I got married
The day I became known as Mommy 
The day I became Maw Maw 
Today, because I woke up breathing It's always a good day when that happens.


5 things I love:
The Hubby He's the greatest and he loves me. 
The Kiddies Even though they get on my nerves at times, and have caused moments of it's a miracle I never had a stroke moments. 
The Grand kiddies They are little pieces of my own children given back to me to enjoy.
My Chihuahua No matter how crazy I act, she is always behind me, following ready to trip me at any given moment
Ben n Jerry's Chunky Monkey For all those menopausal ups and downs Ben n Jerry's is always there to bear all my over forty moments


5 Things I hate:
People who allow their dogs to poo in my yard and don't clean it up
People who make duck faces 
People who have 25,000 pictures of themselves on Facebook and only two of their kids
Spell check, because so many words are words and spell check says, "No they aren't:"
People who stare at us forty somethings who shop at Victoria Secrets. 


OK I haven't named anyone yet, still working on all of that! Will add them a little later. 

18 comments:

  1. People who stare at us forty somethings who shop at Victoria Secrets. " Too funny! My boss's older teenage daughters taught me a new expression a couple of weeks ago--talking about facebook, and your comment about the photos on facebook made me think of it. "Camera whore". Wow, lol... I've seen a few of them, too. :-)

    Congrats on your award :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics that I find absolutely RIDICULOUS on FB are the ones where people are so obviously trying to look slutty and doing their best "I Want You" Look or whatever that is. And they have like 20 variations of this picture. Then you look at their status and it is either married or In A Relationship. And you're like, "Seriously?" Because those are the ONLY photos of them. And it is even worse if these folks have kids... you're like, "What did they do with them??? I guess they are taking these lovely pictures." Some people really need to GROW UP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have days when you wake up and aren't breathing? That sounds... interesting.

    I was chased by cottonmouth once. Very fun, let me tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The duck faces! Ugh. I'm with you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL This is so funny, I don't even know which one to pick. Perhaps Facebook should brach out and make Duckface book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on your fishing trip :0
    I should've mentioned my chihuahua too, my biggest fan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award and for surviving all those near-stroke moments lol. I love what you've shared here :-) The Victoria Secret point was great! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Victoria Secret comment! Too funny!!

    Kegal's are awesome. It's the only exercise I'll voluntarily do, LOL!

    My husband and I used to go swimming in a creek nearby. It was great! Until I found out that there are water snakes living in the creek. My husband neglected to tell me about those!

    I NEVER went swimming in that creek again.

    Alrighty, now...please don't hate me for what's coming next.

    You've been tagged!!

    I'm very sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had any dogs leave a present, if you will, in my yard quite yet, but I can't say the same for cats. I don't know why, but they've turned by front yard into their giant litter box.
    Also, I won!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kegals? Holy cow, I'm cracking up! I remember a GYN telling my health class, women should do them while sitting at a red light. LOL.

    Thanks for the award! My post this week, while waiting for my monthly contest fiction pieces to roll into my blog, will be all about awards!!

    Hope you had fun fishing! What, if any, critters did you see??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhhhhhh...Chunky Monkey sounds so good!!! Congrats on the award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the award! I tried to post a comment yesterday but I guess it didn't go through. I wanted to tell you thank you and to say this is perfect timing because I'm just getting ready to do a new post this week to answer all the questions for the blog awards. Thank you again so much for thinking of me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! :) Can we just stare back at the young ones going in to Victoria Secret?? haha! I love Chunky Monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. uh oh--i am well on my way with the pics thing--but i am so with ya on that stupid duck face thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I once wanted some V.S perfume but due to the group that was in there shopping I didn't want to have those looks because well...this 40-something somedays has mental illness and screams at rude young-uns lol. i love your loves sadly I had to kick the Ben & Jerry habit :( yes this is the part you may feel horribly sad for me...but even though ol Ben & Jerry have got me thru some rough spots a gallon of gas is cheaper then that little carton of ice cream and we all know that aint saying much except I need the gas to get to work so the boys got kicked to the curb and I can drive to work guilt free on at least 1 thing :)) CONGRATS LADY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sadly, the only thing that fits me at Vickie's Secret is the effing perfume!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Gossip Girl! - I'm totally chuffed to have the ribbon passed on to me (Yay me!) I love your lists and it was so very difficult to steer away from many of the same answers - I did my best tho! Congrats girl! You got me thinking about poor 'duck face'in Four Weddings and a Funeral! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shall I assume by the comment you left on my Third Place post, that you have presented this award to me :-) Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!