Sunday, September 9, 2012

"The Laine Blogger Award"

This week was very busy. I ended up having to work a few days while preparing to take a little trip out of town, so was surprised to see that I had been given the Laine Blogger Award by ModMom Beyond Indiedom. According to those passing this little bloggy award around, Laine Blogger Award = beauty.
Thank you ModMom for giving me this little award. As per ModMom's only request, I will not be awarding this to Gweneth Paltrow!

As with the other bloggy awards, yes there are some questions to answer. The questions are:
1. What is your current beauty obsession?
Due to the forty something age thing, I obsess too much over wrinkles. I don't have any (thank you God)... as of yet. I guess I would have to give thanks to Oil of O'lay for their continued promises.
2. What is one beauty item you wished you owned?
That, I have not thought about, so I don't know.
3. What is your favorite topic to read about?
If we are talking about blogs, I tend to read a lot of humorous blogs. Humor is a good medicine. I shy away from mommy bloggers. I guess because my kiddies are grown up and out on their own. Many people don't understand that I love this quiet. Do I miss the kids at home? I don't miss their fighting and arguing, but sometimes I miss having them to yell at.
4. What inspired you to be a blogger?
I'm not sure if there was any inspiration to it, really. I first started the blog to bitch and vent over the company I worked for when they snuck out of Dodge in the middle of night with out paying us our paychecks. That was pretty cruddy to do to people. I loved that job. How I prayed that our bailed out investors would choke on their Pina Colada's that they were sipping on in the Caymen Islands while probably laughing at all 400 of us who were now out of work. I worked outbound in a warehouse and loved it. In four years, I have not been able to find a job working in a warehouse because they are seeking the younger folks. Oh they don't come out and tell you that, but they don't have to. It's the language of telling me the type of employee that they are seeking out. "Energetic" I am that! I have been on interviews and left bitter because that "I have more people to interview. I'll call you" means that they have not looked at my skills, qualities and experience that I have. They looked at my birthday. I am not blind I saw it highlighted. Me a hater? Yes indeed I am.
I currently clean houses and work for, well me and I love it even though I broke five nails this week.
5. What color nail polish are you wearing?
On the finger digits, a nice mauve color from Avon called Feisty.
On the toe digits, a nice summer neon orange color called Sunny.
Passing out this award... well I don't follow the rule of passing along the bloggy awards and any of the followers or readers are welcome to snatch it up, if they want to.
In other news:
Sign ups for the 2013 BlogHer Conference are going on. If interested, hop on over and sign up to attend. 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and may your inner Gwyneth rein :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award...I think you are beautiful and very deserving of this award. My toes are neon orange also love it this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh! Better avoid my blog post today, then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging IMO is a beautiful Kaleidoscope of colors. There is no right way/no wrong way. So many thoughts, opinions and writings- yeah so every blog is beautiful which is why the award is open for anyone who wants to take it! Everyone is beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!