Saturday, October 13, 2012

"Why Is This About Me? This Is Crazy!"

Why is it about me?
This is crazy, call me maybe?
So, late last Saturday evening I got a very confusing email which I actually didn't get until Sunday morning when I checked my email. The email says, "Gossip Girl, Why Is Your Blog About My Brother? Why? Why? That is crazy. Please remove it immediately." So, before I take a couple of shots of something strong with alcohol and chase it with some wine, because I am about as confused as the time our town drunk passed out on the steps of the A.A. Meeting Hall. I probably had the same look as I did when my mother told me there was no Santa Claus! Did one of those voices move out? Just kidding! I didn't want my confusion to be mistaken as the shots and chaser that I am I am about to drink. I mean I know I am getting old...er and everything, so it really doesn't take a lot to be or look confused these days even while drinking water.

 So, I clicked reply and sent a quick email:  "Hello, As far as I know I don't know your brother to blog about him so I hadn't realized that I was blogging about him. Can you be more specific, to help me, what exactly in my blogging that you feel is about your brother? Signed, Confused and Clueless." Ironically, this email came Saturday evening, the same day I was ranting about "YES On Question #7" that damned commercial that comes on the TV every fifteen minutes, so should I assume that maybe this is the Governor's sister? Does the governor even have a sister? Should I be afraid that she is maybe going to like come and beat me up and You-Tube it? I have waited a week for a response in order for the person to have a chance to email me back, waiting and waiting, diligently checking my email just in case. Since this person hasn't emailed me back with more specifics the only other thing I knew to do was to write a post and hope that this person will see the posting and email me again and be more specific about the Saturday posting/brother blog. I can assure the email..er and anyone, my blog is definitely Not About Them. Is this where I am at though, heck any of us really, that at the end of our blog postings we have to run credits like a grip at the end of a movie? Does this mean that each and every blog post should come a huge disclaimer? Has anyone received a similar email? I figured while I am at it that I would also put in this blog posting that I pen here under the name Gossip Girl OR sometimes Gossip Grl which btw I have used that name for the last three decades. This was also my CB handle handle in the late 70's until the late 90's when somehow CB radio's were no longer popular! There's a TV show out with the same name and I didn't go all ape shit over that!


©This posting is penned by Gossip Grl 
The picture used in the posting was found @Goggle Images and is also found @Teen.com
***Disclaimer: This blog is not about you

16 comments:

  1. Well, that was wierd. I know I made a comment once about Joe Biden being ...himself and I got someone following me named VIP Joe Biden. ***shrugs***

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shelly- Hilarious and I know I'd be jumping up and down to be so popular with the VIP anyone following! :) I am assuming since a week has passed that it was a hoax, but in this day and age of erroneous law suits I thought I should air it out with the dirty laundry that I am about to throw into my washer! :) Isn't life crazy tho? I used to have a feeling that I was re-incarnated, now I am pretty sure that I am and that I must've had a brother in that other life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like some not-too-bright woman read your blog when she was high and thought one of the rednecks you mentioned was her brother. There are a lot of rednecks in the world and they are one of your favourite topics, so this was bound to happen sooner or later. She must have realised her mistake by now, which is why you didn't get a reply. Who wants to admit to being a silly ninny? I once got an email from a guy who wanted to be crushed by a female gorilla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gorilla- That makes sense! I guess I never realized before that I had such a huge Redneck/Hillbilly fan base! Hilarious though on the guy who possibly had a fetish wanted to be crushed by a female gorilla!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe just a new take on spam. Maybe other people are going to get random emails about husbands/aunts/nephews. Very strange though,

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Analise- I'm thinking the same with a new wave of spam. This week I have looked over mostly everything and haven't figured it out. To be on the safe side, I posted, ya never know in these changing times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much weirdness out there. It was probably somebody just messing. Loving the disclaimer here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Probably someone drunk did it for a dare and just picked the first blog they found. Maybe had googled Gossip Girl the show and found a link. Some teenager somewhere killing herself laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If she was referring to one of your 'menopausal' posts, then I'd be really concerned...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, if you want, you can make your blog all about me. Seriously. You can.
    Well, as long as it's good stuff.
    I mean, how could you say no to someone else devoting a blog to being all about you, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weird. I agree with Annalisa; sounds like spam to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOLOLOLOLOL. That may be the strangest thing that has happened to you yet. I think you may have a bizzarro magnet in your house somewhere. Who do you call for that????

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hon! I just nominated you for the Liebster Award---please visit my site to grab your award badge and leave a comment there to let me know you got it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. People you don't know emailing you nonsensical stuff about your posts? I'm pretty sure that means your blog famous now! Mazel tov!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with Kelly. You've not really arrived until people start saying crazy shit to you. ;-) I'd fire off a "Prove it." email and forget about it. Obviously this person didn't care enough (or to was trolling) to get back to you, so it must be a bunch of hooey.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are you sure this Blog isn't about me? I've read every post between the lines, and I'm pretty sure you're alluding to me in every instance. I've been told I'm very self centred, but it's hard not to be when the world revolves around me.

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!