Monday, December 17, 2012

"Pimp My Blog- Menopausal Mother"


Today I am so honored to be Pimping out a great blogger and writer Marcia, who blogs @Menopausal Mama. The first time I read her blog, I was definitely hooked on her funny and lighthearted postings about this wonderful time of life, the menopausal years. I found menopausal mama's blog after the April Blogging Challenge, when someone sent me the link to Bloggers.com, a blog directory; which was also the same time I was sent the link to the Friday Follow Over 40,
which was a every Friday blog hop. I'm not sure why they stopped the Friday Over 40 postings. I found several really good blogs to follow from the Friday Hop and I do miss it. I love reading Menopausal Mother's blog though. She is funny and well, she is brutally honest in her postings related to Menopause and middle age. "The Good the bad and the ugly about menopause" she says. After reading her blog for the first time I realized that I just need to suck it up, it's just reality hitting me square in the face. We friends of the menopause lunch group often read Mrs Marcia's postings  So, the menopausal ladies circle is wanting to know, "Just what are some of your secrets to dealing with this menopausal thing?" (from Itchy to bitchy)
Marcia tells us, 
"I don't believe there is any secret cure to menopause---if there was, the inventor would be richer than Bill Gates. It's a phase known as "the change of life", which sounds like a gentle transition from one happy place to the another, which it's NOT. The experts should refer to it as the SUCKY phase of your life that you just have to tough out until you're too old to notice or care. So what gets me through it? Wine. Coffee. Chocolate. Humor. Talking to other women in the throes of midlife mayhem. A patent spouse and kids who are smart enough to disappear when I'm on the hormonal warpath. And more chocolate. This is a time in a woman's life when thermostats are lowered while the rest of the family is forced to wear Cardigans around the house. The nights are long, hot and sweaty, and not because you've been having torrid sex with your partner. Your scale mocks you every morning despite the fact that your diet is based solely on foods that a rabbit would envy. Lack of sleep and exhaustion makes you look like a cast member from The Walking Dead. The hot flashes that plague you 24/7 challenge any makeup application you tried earlier in the day. By lunch time your eyes are ringed black from the marriage of sweat and mascara, and you're easily mistaken for a relative from a raccoon colony. The worst of menopause is the mood swings that feel like an endless loop on the crazy train. I avoid  people at all costs when I'm having one of those days. Better to soak in the tub and read something interesting other than the calorie content in a package of Oreos. Some women view menopause as a thief who steals their youth, while others experience a sense of freedom. Menopause shouldn't define who we are; it really is a time of change and enlightenment. It's how we adapt to those changes that determines who we are today. So how do I get through it? I take it one menopausal moment at a time."
OMGosh! We loved it! Thank you so much Marcia for this contribution. We loved having you here and definitely agree on your ways of getting through, "Wine, Coffee, Chocolate and Humor and definitely taking one menopausal moment at a time!" Docs around here like to throw in some meds like they are handing out sweet tarts and smarties. Oh and for you fellow's out there who may or may not be experiencing this menopausal phase of your in your lady's life, Marcia's better half helped to write a posting in November that I am sure you will also enjoy reading Dear Meno Mama  It's a post where he 'helps' answer a lot of questions regarding menopause. Did I mention, his answers are hilarious? When Marcia is not blogging she is wife and mother of four. She also loves gardening and baking. Whether or not you are middle aged, you will enjoy her postings. Please stop by and visit Marcia @Menopausal Mother and again Many Many thanks Marcia, for stoping by for this spotlight of your blog. You can also find her blog on Facebook, Menopausal MotherPinterest and on Bloggers.com
C’est La Vie ©Gossip_Grl Pic used here belongs to Menopausal Mama

15 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks again for inviting me over! Many hugs, kisses and chocolate to you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Baking In A Tornado- I agree, she is a talented and funny writer.
    @Meno Mama- OMgosh I loved having you for a spotlight and same hugs, kisses and chocolate. It's a bit early for a glass of wine! I'll save that for later! Again many thanks for your contribution! Oh and tell your hubby thanks for the menopausal Q & A writing! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following Marcia for a while now. Yes, I'm a man. And I like to think of myself as a manly man. I'm never going to suffer from menopause. (thank God for that) However, I think anyone could stand to take some lessons in life from Marcia. Her honesty in dealing with problems we all have is admirable, the humor that she uses to face these problems with is healing. After all don't they say laughter is the best medicine. Most of all though, I find Marcia to be very real, and a genuinely kind and caring person. I love what she does...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will go check her out. Maybe I will learn what I am in for. But, it doesn't sound pleasant. On the bright side, I have extremely low pressure and am cold all the time. It would be nice to warm up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jon Thanks for stopping by to read and I agree with you on Marcia. She is a caring person and always connected to her readers.
    @Ruth- Thanks for stopping by to read, and I promise you won't be disappointed checking out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Husbands learn to disappear as well...
    Nice to meet you, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Alex- Hmmm I am now wondering if that is the reason my hubby has been spending so much time putting out his Christmas Decorations lately? :) I know he tells the kids often, "Don't come over here and crap in my cave and get your mother started, Or I come to your cave with my chain saw!"
    Thanks for stopping by to read, and thanks for checking out Marcia's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marcia's blog sounds like one I'll have to visit. Thanks for the heads-up. Menopause is in my rear-view mirror, but one of the ways I coped was by nudging the thermostat down a little bit more on our waterbed every morning. It was starting to work really great, too. For me. For my husband? Not so much. After decades of marriage, he suddenly started wearing pajamas to bed. Then, one morning, he got out of bed and stood next to it, glaring at me, all hunched over like a ticked off gorilla. (Hilarious!) He snarled, "I can't stand it any more! You're sucking all the heat out of my body!" After I stopped laughing, we went out and got a new bed. One, alas, without a thermostat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Susan- Thanks for stopping by and reading and hilarious comment. OMgosh I understand my hubby is amazed because for many years I was the one freezing in sweaters, now it is nothing to have all the fans on and back last year I got up and opened the bedroom window and awoke to snow at the foot of our bed. Oh I am sure you will enjoy her blog too! Her posting today is on those things she won't do today! I couldn't stop laughing and barely get through reading it! I love her blog and wanted to share it with readers here! Thanks for stopping by her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for pointing me toward her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Dana- Thanks for stopping by today's bloggers spotlight, and hoping you stop over and check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never before been afraid to comment on a blog. All I can say is SHE IS RIGHT - and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @JJ- Oh definitely! I was looking at her Pinterest yesterday at her recipes. OMGosh I think I gained a few pounds just drooling over the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many thanks to Marcia for being a guest on my blog today. :) And to everyone who stopped by to read thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!