Monday, December 3, 2012

"Pimping My Blog to Spunk on a Stick"

Today I am honored to be Pimping my Blog to author, Indy and published writer, also professional speaker, L.Diane Wolfe who blogs @ Spunk on a Stick and thanking her for giving me this opportunity to Spotlight her book, Overcoming Obstacles With Spunk. Personally, many years ago I hated getting up in front of the class to give a book report, but as a Assistant Manager and Temporary Manager of a 7-11, I had to lead the crew; which also meant monthly meetings. I'm going to be honest, I often wanted to start my
meetings like I was a female version of R. Lee Ermey with this, "There's a lot of whiners in every crowd. Now I didn't come here to listen to whining so get that sandwich outta your pie holes and listen up maggots" And end the meetings with"Move It, Move It, Move It!" My boss wouldn't allow me. I am thinking Diane's book would have probably benefited me with my meeting and speaking tasks. I often walked away from meetings with, "Please God, tell me again why I do this every day!"I am definitely going to be checking out her book. Here is a little bio on the author, L. Diane Wolfe "Spunk On A Stick" and her book, Overcoming Obstacles with Spunk
Professional Speaker and Author
www.spunkonastick.net
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com

Known as “Spunk On A Stick,” Wolfe is a member of the NSA and a motivational speaker. “Overcoming Obstacles With SPUNK! The Keys to Leadership & Goal-Setting”, ties all of her goal-setting and leadership seminar’s information together into one complete, enthusiastic package. She also conducts seminars on book publishing and promoting, and assists writers through her author services. Her YA series, The Circle of Friends, features morally grounded, positive stories that appeal to both teens and concerned parents. Wolfe travels extensively for media interviews and speaking engagements, maintains a dozen websites & blogs, and contributes to several other sites and newsletters.OVERCOMING OBSTACLES WITH SPUNK!
THE KEYS TO LEADERSHIP & GOAL-SETTING

BY L. DIANE WOLFE

Break through your barriers with SPUNK!
Are you ready to break through the barriers obstructing your goals and move into a position of leadership? Then do so with SPUNK! Learn the steps required to overcome obstacles and become an effective and dynamic leader. The five Keys guide you through:

v  Developing a positive attitude

v  Learning people skills

v  Raising self-esteem

v  Overcoming fears

v  Setting goals

Joined by authors David Ambrose, p.m. terrell, Darlene Wofford, Jocelyn Andersen, Bob Johnson, C. Denise Sutton, and Bill Wilson, Wolfe’s “Overcoming Obstacles with SPUNK! The Keys to Leadership & Goal-Setting” will energize your passion for life!

Non-fiction/Self-help, 6x9 Trade paperback, 176 pages

Print - $13.95 ISBN 978-0-9816210-2-9

Ebook - $2.99 ISBN 978-0-9827139-2-1

Her book also has many wonderful reviews, 
Diane has given wisdom, understanding and honorable counsel in her book, Overcoming Obstacles With SPUNK! Such advice when embraced can not only set one free, but it can also lead to the path of life allowing you to be on your way to reaching your full potential. Let her words stir inspiration in your life.”
- Darien B. Cooper, author of “You Can Be the Wife of a Happy Husband”

L. Diane Wolfe has written a terrific leadership book… The book is commended for those who need a devotional style approach to leadership. Who needs this book? Anyone who desires to strengthen their foundational knowledge of leadership.”
- Steven King, MBA, Armchair Interviews – Writer’s Digest’s 101 Best Sites Winner
Overcoming Obstacles With Spunk is just one of the books she has written. She has also written a series called Circle of Friends and has a new book coming out in February 2013 How to Publish and Promote Your Book Now I just want to say, congratulations on the new book! I have been checking out self publishing sites. I actually have a posting you wrote saved bookmarked from way back in May of 2010, before I was even blogging. The posting is called Self Publishing and Subsidy Presses a very informative posting for anyone who is seeking out self publishing. So the ladies of the Menopausal Circle are pretty excited about this writer also have a few questions for her. We went to a Menopause Seminar once and almost fell asleep, so What one thing makes a really great public speaker? So that the audience doesn't doze off.
Stop by these sites and check out her book. Her book(s) is available at
Barnes and Noble
Barnes and Noble-Nook
Amazon
Amazon Kindle
Also available at the IBookstore, Kobo, and elsewhere online and retail
Her books have also been awarded with the FlamingNet Young Adult Book Reviews Top Choice Award. 
Now, I'm not sure if I found L. Diane's blog, or vice versa during the A-Z April Blogging Tour, but have found her blogs thoughtful and her postings informative, so stop by her blog @Spunk On A Stick Tips and check out her books and other news and mark your calender for February of 2013 for the release of her new book. Many many thanks to L. Diane, for dropping by with this great info on her book! Even though I didn't spotlight her Circle of Friends series, stop by and check those out too! 
 Pics used for this posting belong to L. Diane Wolfe

15 comments:

  1. Thank you again for the pimping, Gossip Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, I'll go have a look at those books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane is amazing--and always has great tips for those of us who (like me) are worried about public speaking and promoting. I definitely recommend her book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this kind of post, the uplifting of kindred spirits out here in the blogosphere. Yay you and I will def. be reading up/about Diane. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you can always read her book now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @L. Diane- Thank You for letting me spotlight your book. I've been checking it out and also just recommended it to several people I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Charmaine and Elizabeth- Thanks for stopping by and it does sound like a great book! I can remember handing out meeting outlines to go with as a way of ensuring communication and the minute they were out in the fresh air some get all the info sucked out of their ears. :/
    @MiMi- :) I definitely loved sharing these writers books and one songwriter/singer a few weeks ago! Just in case someone hadn't heard of these books, hoping folks checked them out! I also have a few readers on my Christmas list!
    @Alex- Yep I can! Especially if something in there helps to break the first minute ice- you know those first few minutes that you start talking and see someone looking at you making you think if you remembered to comb your hair or maybe have a boogy! :) j/k I also found any important communicating was best done in the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a very helpful entertaining book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot for Diane! Great to see you again, Gossip Girl. :D Seems we know many of the same folks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came over from Diane's blog. Nice to meet you Gossip Girl. And to say hi to Diane again, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Lynn I have read many other reviews for her book on Amazon so I agree!
    @M Pax- Definitely and happy you stopped back!
    @Carol- Happy you stopped over!

    ReplyDelete
  12. L Diane Wolfe- Just wanted to say thank you for letting me spotlight one of your books today! It gave me a chance to also check out Circle of Friends, which also sounds like a wonderful series for a young reader! I hope it wasn't too overwhelming for you having a spotlight here and keeping up with 2 blogfests!
    Again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, folks! And thank you again, Gossip Girl, for the feature.

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!