Monday, January 7, 2013

"Pimp My Blog- Who Woulda Thought"

Who Woulda Thought?It's Monday and time for another Blog Spotlight. It is also the day when news for this years Blogging A-Z Challenge will be announced! Today I have the honor of having the ever funny writer Kevin who blogs @ Who Woulda Thought? guesting on my blog. You may remember him from postings on Dude Write or Yeah Write and for a time he was writing a hilarious review of the 50 Shades trilogy from the male point of view. During December he posted his 25 Days of Christmas Project  which were twisted stories between advent and a naughty Elf on a Shelf. As my
friends scanned his blog they found his posting on The Best Reality Show Ever His thoughts on reality shows reflect that of my friends who are now convinced that Honey Boo Boo's mother farted inside of a body spanx and the compression blew straight to her head. I would also never tell these lunatics ladies that Kevin is a hater of their most loved book though. Knowing these fools ladies they'd be screaming he is the anti Christ. One of my friends is recently divorced, and still going through the revenge grieving phase of divorce. Months ago Kevin posted on a survey taken from 2,000 women on The Perfect Man. This post comes in handy with helping my friend search for hers and of course the post doesn't mention this but he must be able to keep his hands off of the college student babysitter which is a major plus and he must look like Channing Tatum Okay Neither are mentioned in the poll. I'm starting to think she is going to have to move out of town. We asked Kevin to tell us a little about his blog... When did you start blogging? What is the inspiration behind your blogging? We read that you did the April Blogging Challenge (A-Z) last year, are you going to be blogging in it this year as well? 
Kevin tells us, "And on the 50 Shades of Grey, it's just the first book and I plan on continuing it but NOT the trilogy. Now for the interview portion of the talent show. I was asked to tell you a little about my blog so here we go.  My blog is a Dad blog and for those who don't know there is a difference between a Dad blog and a Daddy blog.  I would tell you what the difference is but that would ruin the surprise of of one of my upcoming posts.  I enjoy blogging and I use it much like a therapist, the difference is my readers are much, much cheaper than an actual shrink...not that I think my readers are cheap and easy, no sir. I "officially" started blogging January 30, 2009 but it was more of a "hey I'm bored and blogging is main stream" moment so I wouldn't actually consider myself to have started blogging until I was convinced by a few friends to go full throttle on my blog on December 16, 2011.  They seemed to have thought my previous postings were funny. The inspiration I get for my blog is a combination of a few different things.  Obviously first and foremost I am a Dad and with three male Minions and most people would think I have enough fodder to last a lifetime of blogging with that situation.  Contrary to popular belief, the Minions can act semi normal from time to time and I have to look at other sources, which is where my love of people watching comes in.  Whenever we go out I have a chance to observe dumb asses on a regular basis and that provides quite a bit of inspiration right there.  In a nutshell, life in general is my inspiration, it's never a dull moment in my world. Ah, the A to Z Challenge...the bane of my existence last April.  The Darth Vader to my Obi-Wan, the Boba Fett to my Han Solo, the Death Star to my Alderaan...you get the point.  Despite my constant bitching about it like a little school girl, I am going to participate in the A to Z Challenge again this year.  Sometimes one finds themselves strapped for ideas and something like this pushes you and opens your mind to things you necessarily wouldn't blog about, that is also one of the reasons I did my 25 Days Project."
Hilarious and I definitely understand the "sources" and when all else fails, I have my hillbillydom to fall back on to write about. I also understand the "therapy" part! Shi..oot I compare blogging to a little cheaper than visits with Dr. Phil and I can't wait to catch your future blog piece on Dad Blog vs. Daddy Blogging too. As a parent of grown up children I can only say to Kevin, treasure these days and years that they are still young. One day they are saying Ma Ma and Da Da, holding your hand in public. The years will fly by and you'll notice they no longer want to hold your hand or even be around you anymore. The biggest test of all time that we parents are faced with is the challenge of "The Talk" but the years that will test your real sanity, are the teen years. Again Many Many thanks to Kevin for dropping by to share his blog today. If you didn't catch his 25 Days of Christmas Project  the postings are hilarious and worth going back and reading on the days that it's too cold to go outside. Hoping you'll stop by and visit his blog Who Woulda Thought? today. Oh and before I forget as I mentioned, today is the day that a big news announcement at Blogging A-Z.

19 comments:

  1. Well, I want to know the difference between a dad blog and a daddy blog. And four men to one woman? His poor wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inquiring minds want to know and soon it shall be...or something like that, yeah The Trophy has a severe lack of estrogen in our house but we try not to go too overboard. Who am I kidding? It's three boys, farts abound!

      Delete
  2. Going to check out his blog now! And yeah.. I'm waiting on the A-Z news too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @L Diane- Me Too (on the Dad vs Daddy Blog) I had 3 sons and one daughter. We were outnumbered in any family vote :/ They can go from cute to stinky farting and put your shoes back on to those fights and arguments when one of the brothers dated an ex of one of the other. As mentioned, those are the years that test... your sanity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Magical Mimi- Cool! He is definitely a very funny blogger. :) And doubly cool on the A-Z blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I was calling them Minions before Gru. Soon they will be ready to take over the world!

      Delete
  6. Between crapping my Brian's out last week and now having a wicked chest cold I almost forgot I was being spotlighted on your blog! Thanks for the pimp out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or brains even...damn autocorrect Apple products.

      Delete
  7. @Kevin- Sorry to hear you are sick.
    :( My grandkiddies have been little germ carriers for the last month. :/ Hope you feel better soon! And, Thank you for the opportunity to give your blog a pimp shoutout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll pop over and see what's afoot on Who Would Thought?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kevin, how I love thee! But then you knew that already. And will people stop mentioning the A-Z Challenge. I feel a nervous breakdown coming on already.

    And GG, hilarious introduction! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So who's the pimp here? Kevin said it was him but it sure doesn't look like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Readers are cheaper than a shrink, no doubt! I will have to check out the 50 shades of grey post, I enjoy anything that tramps on that holy ground

    ReplyDelete
  12. @CLee- :) I'm sure he wouldn't mind a visit or two! :)
    @Lily- I'm sorry on the mentioning it. :/ Hoping you are participating!
    @Workingdan- IDK it sorta worked out Kevin and his crew were sick with the flu.
    @Winopants- Hilarious! His review of the trilogy was hilarious. He gave up after a few chapters. :) For some reason anymore 50 Shades of anything is hilarious to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oohh - A - Z challenge! If I could stay sober long enough to remember the alphabet... Kidding. I'm doin' that. Another excellent pimping GG. I enjoyed getting into the psyche of the Jedi behind the blog. Funny and most awesome you are, Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ModMom- Hilarious! Glad to hear you are participating in the challenge! I agree on your thoughts about the blog @Who Woulda Thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many Thanks to Kevin for stopping by and I know I am getting emails saying "That sucked Mine is better" When I asked to spotlight his blog I didn't plan on his entire family getting ill with the plague that they are calling this years flu. I thought it turned out pretty good considering after hearing about his family and the flu I was reading his emails wearing a hazmat suit! j/k Kevin. I had actually hoped to post what my friend Victoria thought about reading his post on Power and Androgel! Again many thanks to Kevin and I hope your family starts to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!