Monday, January 21, 2013

"Today's Guest Spot Goes to Shay Seriously WTH"

Today I have the great honor of a special guest over here. Shay who blogs @ Seriously WTH and also author of two books, Pain Pain Go Away and the book Why Am I Still Single? I found Shay's blog last year right before the April A-Z Challenge when browsing the linky list. I am glad I found her blog. I have read many of her postings and in the end laughing hysterically. I gotta watch doing that. I'm climbing into those years where that could lead to tears running down my legs, ya know? Now I am not sure if you've ever visited her blog, if not you have got to stop by and visit Seriously WTH... Calling out the Stupid (and boy there is a lot to call out) Seriously she can see dumb people! We asked Shay to tell us a little about her blog and of course her books.... She tells us,


Why Am I Still Single?
Pain Pain Go Away
"My blog, Seriously, WTH? was born out of necessity. Basically, I moved to a small town where no will talk to me because I didn’t grow up in it. That said, I am incredibly outgoing, and pretty freaking funny, so when I see or do stupid, funny or crazy things, I have to comment on them. Unfortunately this led to me talking to my dogs, who, frankly, I feel don’t appreciate my humor as much as they should. Alas, my blog was born. By inspiration stems from everyday life: Say for example, the time I got the q-tip stuck in my ear; or the fact that my older sister thought sitting at the dinner table with my very Catholic, and well, I’ll just say it, anti-sex mother, was the best time to ask me if I could explain what “fisting” meant in Fifty Shades of Grey; and don’t even get me started on Walmart. I have come up with specific and perfectly acceptable retaliations rules to deploy follow when you come across someone doing something stupid like parking their cart in the middle of the isle and looking at you like you’re the jerk when you politely ask them to move it. Thankfully, because my blog is based on the stupidity of people, I will always have subject matter. In 2013 I hope to be able to blog more. I would love to participate in the A-Z Challenge again, as I felt it helped me grow as a writer and I met some great bloggers, but unfortunately, I don’t think time will permit this year. If all goes well, I should be moving (fingers crossed). Plus, family illness has kept me from promoting my books that were recently released and if I don’t focus on promoting them my publisher may kill me.  In 2012, I had two books published: Pain, Pain, Go Away by Shay Stone (apparently there is one with the same name by another author- don’t buy that one. Buy mine;) and Why Am I Still Single? A Tough Love Guide for Single Women. The 1st book teaches people how to deal with chronic pain. I was in a car accident and have had several surgeries and wrote the book without looking at the computer. It provides skills, coping techniques and advice on how to take control of your life again despite the pain. The 2nd book, Why am I still Single, is for women that are ready to stop being coddled and start facing the truth about what they may be doing to sabotage their own relationships. It is sometimes funny, sometimes crass, but always honest. It has stories, input from men and will definitely keep you entertained. Both books are available on Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble.com I hope to sell millions of copies so I can fulfill my dreams of becoming a full time writer/philanthropist, and if I end up getting a date with George Clooney out of it, well that works too;)
Special thanks to Gossip Girl for choosing to spotlight my blog!"

When I first asked Shay if she'd like to be one of my guest for a Monday I didn't realize that her books at that time needed some promoting and some book lovin' so this worked out great to have her as a guest today! I don't mean to sound like a beggar, but I am hoping you'll click the links and check out her books and also stop by and visit her blog.  Goodness Shay you don't have to thank me, I am honored to pimp out your books and give your blog a shout out!  Many many thanks for stopping by to talk about your books and your blog. Oh and there is only one subject I refuse to discuss with my mama (no way, no how) and that is anything to do with sex. The last talk was like 1973 and was rather uncomfortable. She told me nothing that was being discussed in health class so I grew up thinking she was very misinformed. After that I can't even imagine if she ever asked me anything about 50 Shades of anything. I'd definitely need a therapist after that! Love the stories about your doggies, they are too funny and hoping it works out that you are able to blog in the 2013 A-Z Challenge. Oh and I am also hoping this shout out gets you that dream date with George Clooney!

10 comments:

  1. Um...my mother talked and wanted to show how sex happened. ***scarred for life***

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shelly- OMGosh girl! Hugs. Definitely that would have been a la la la moment for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shay!

    Had my mother discussed sex with me, it would've been awkward at best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are enough stupid people in the world to blog for many lifetimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I remember the 50 Shades post between mum and sisters. It really was the most hilarious account of what the book entailed and had me near to crying with laughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Shay's publisher, and I promise I won't kill her! Thanks for featuring Ms. Stone on your blog and pimping her out. Or her books out...either way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely check out the blog. We must have many mutual acquaintances.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Shelly - no...no..no.NO! ((HUGS)) to you and your therapist who I am certain you are still seeing to help you through the ordeal...I know I would be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and @ L. Diane it got worse...my mom started "sharing" stuff that happened when she was giving birth that made me want to go home and bleach my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for stopping by and reading and also for the comments. And also many thanks to Shay for the guest spot here in my little corner of the world!

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!