Monday, November 18, 2013

"Hello... Good Housekeeping..."

I guess if you've been stopping by here in the last year you know that I have not been very attentive to my blogging. Honestly, I have missed writing, blogging and reading others blogs and not blogging sure hasn't stopped the madness. It is still all around me. I have those days when after coming in the door and trying to unwind it helps creating a few little blunt cards to memorialize my mood. For instance, this little goody...
Written on one of those stressful day's when after coming home, I realized that my own housework was suffering greatly which of course led to a conversation like this when the hubby got home from work...

And of course the answer was, "No I need clothes to go to work. I can't show up on a construction site in just my boxers." Really! A conversation like this always ends in me staying up washing clothes and babysitting the dryer. I do need to make a confession. Honestly and sadly there have been a few times that I acted like a childish ass and threw a tennis shoe in the dryer in the middle of the night then laying in bed answering, "what noise?" and pretending I don't know how that shoe got in the dryer and explaining it away with, "It was just for shits and giggles" Before you even say it, I already know that wasn't a very nice thing to do. It's pretty bad when I work as a maid and have realized that I need one myself just to keep up to my own household chores. I have several clients I clean for weekly but I really, really miss my couple of elderly clients that I had when I started doing this. These new age generation folks are driving me crazy. I never in a million years ever thought I would actually be having a conversation with someone explaining the reasons why I don't like cleaning up their used Kotex pads laying in their bathroom window sill...but I have! 

In case inquiring minds are wondering, No I didn't quit my job but I have days I want to!!!

11 comments:

  1. Do you clean for my daughters? I've had this same conversation.

    Hugs and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shelly OMGosh!! It's hard to imagine that I am actually talking to someone who has had that same conversation with someone else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? Used Kotex pads in window sills? What is wrong with people???? I see the state of public restrooms and wonder what the insides of people's houses look like. I guess I now know. ::tries hard to mentally scrub the image::

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Robin- and yeah in case you were wondering, you don't have to anymore! I guess I should have put a warning before posting- sorry 'bout that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my house we had to clean everything the day before the housekeeper was coming over.

    "We can't let her see the house like this!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey JoeH it's been awhile, and OMGosh I wish everyone thought the same way! I currently clean for two people who straighten up the day before I get there and it is so much easier to not have to trek through mounds of trash and clothes on the floor like I am wearing snow ski's just to find the floor of their house! The majority of houses I clean are those I agreed to help my friend out after losing my elderly clients. I started bringing my own broom and dust pan because I just got tired of wasting a whole 2 hours of my time searching for theirs! I don't mind straightening up, dusting, mopping, vacuuming etc, but we have one house that the only time the dishes are done is the day we get there and we have to do them and they have now stopped taking out their trash so we have to rush to beat the trash truck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it your job to do all the laundry?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrew that is very easy to answer, it's just the hubby and I and my hubby works full time. His job is a 2 hr commute each way, and he goes to school. Most days he leaves at 4 am and depending on which class, there have been days he doesn't get home until 9 pm. So, I guess I would not think of telling him it's his day to do the laundry. He does help me on some occasions, but I don't expect him to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A shoe in the dryer? You are evil. In an amusing way of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Alex, I admit I have went over the edge a time or two or three or four times and I threw a shoe in the dryer in the middle of the night then ran and jumped in bed pretending sleep until he jumps up asking me about that noise! Yes I agree it was evil, mean and funny all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!