Friday, June 20, 2014

Blog It Forward: Gorda Bella

Today is the first of what I hope to many, many more to come like it The Blog It Forward series of posts. There are so many creative and talented bloggers out there that I wish I could share them all in one day but for today I share a very talented and creative and crafty blogger... so


Today my Blog It Forward is paying respect to the blogger known as Mrs C to her fans and her blog found
Gorda Bella
pic credit: Gorda Bella
"*plop* and yet another blogger has been born. Like there isn't enough of folk using the great interwebs to post their crafts, ideas, moans, and pictures of what they are wearing.I have thought about blogging for a long time, but never got around to it. 
It will be random, so hope it's entertaining enough to read more....The name for my blog comes from my dark secret, love for telenovelas. Juana La Virgen, Mi Gorda Bella.....I wish they would get shown more, as I thoroughly enjoy the insanity that is telenovela.
Eastenders ain't got shit on them. Hah" ~Gorda Bella
Although this blogger has only been around the blog spot for a short time she is very creative and talented with her crafts and has many pages showing pics of her crafts and fashion. Her recent post, Passion For Rags is just one of many pages showcasing her talent.

It would be silly not to share this blog with you. I hope that you will stop by and visit Gorda Bella today.

I have a secret. I am a bit jealous of the craft bloggers. My mom made me take Home-EC in high school. I don't even know if they still have that class in school today. It was in the first semester of my freshman year that she realized that there was not one ounce of the Martha Stewart gene in my bones after the day I sewed a shirt I was making to the shirt I was wearing. It was only after the third semester when we were in the kitchen that my mother tried her best to get me released from Home-EC on a compassion and mercy plea to the principal. I realized in ninth grade that the man I would marry would have to have to be the skilled one- and have a lot of them. I know now that this was the thinking of the parents born and raised in the 30's, 40's and 50's. Their daughters must know how to take care of a family and at the very least know how to cook and would get bonus points for sewing skills. 

Resources for this post:
Pic Credit and The blog @ Gorda-Bella
Click to read about the Blog It Forward series

7 comments:

  1. WOW! Thanks m'dear. Very kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely idea GG.

    Just a note to make this easier reading... Can you make the body of the post in a larger font size? I really had difficulty reading it.

    Otherwise, great idea and thanks for introducing Gorda Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so me and sewing. I have gotten a little better by necessity. But, when I made a pair of shorts in Home Ec, I kept going around when I did the pant legs and so the bottoms were sown shut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs C Love your blog and funny humorisms! You're welcome! :)

    Robin I did purposely make the last paragraph smaller I didn't want my secret of no talent for crafting taking away from the spotlight

    Ruth OMGosh I can't laugh though because I am not Betsy Ross. :/ I wish I could sew imagine the money I could save making my own clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not crafty in the slightest. My mother despairs.

    Great spotlight though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annalisa Oh girl me either on the craft skills! When I stumble on blogs that display crafts and craft ideas I immediately want to follow each one even though I know I will probably never learn anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you enjoyed meeting Mrs C today and her blog over @ Gorda Bella! I chose her blog to spotlight because she only has a few followers and has been hoping to get her blog recognized! I think everyone reading this can remember the same thing when just starting out! I hope you showed her blog some blog lovin! Next Friday I hope to bring you another great blogger that I already have in mind for the spot!

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!