Friday, August 1, 2014

Blog It Forward: Cranky Old Man

Today is Friday and time once again for another, Blog It Forward. Lately I have been paying it forward to some of the newer followers and readers who come to read my off the wall Whatever pages and postings. Today I am changing it up

Today my Blog It Forward is paying it forward to the blogger who calls himself Mr Cranky or Mr C as he is well known on his blog Cranky Old Man

And just so you know Mr C's blog is now Sugar Free, Fat Free, Gluten Free, All Organic and All Natural. Random thoughts and stuff from a cranky old man. Humor (maybe), satire, and some politics,
mostly stuff from a confused head. I chose this post of Mr Cranky because he has given me some wise words of wisdom on my quest to be an ex smoker. Mr C. Says, 


"I have been an ex-smoker now for three years.  Breathing is good.  Tasting food is good.  Fifteen extra pounds is not so good.  I am glad to no longer be smoking, but I must admit there are somethings I miss. 
I miss that coffee and a cigarette quiet time. When at a party with people I didn’t know, the smokers outside were always the most fun. I twitched less from the Tourette’s when I smoked. If you needed to kill some time, a cigarette was always a great excuse. I don’t miss being ostracized by society.  It seems the last group that it is quite alright to despise is smokers.  You cannot hate any group, race, culture or religion; you must be delicate around fat people and ugly people; stupid people are special, drug addicts and alcoholics are to be pitied, but for some reason it is quite alright to treat smokers with utter distain. What I don’t miss the most is being a slave to nicotine.  I had forgotten what that slavery was like until a recent trip to Aruba.  I was sitting in our bus to take us to our resort and I noticed a lady waiting outside.   She was pulling on a cigarette like it was her last breath.  When she finished she lit up another and sucked that one down in seconds. At first I thought this was crazy, but then I remembered how I was after a six hour trip where smoking was not allowed.  I remember sucking that nicotine down in an effort to feel normal again. I don’t miss that feeling at all."
For an added bonus to this post Mr Cranky has written two books available on Amazon:  

Maybe It's Just Me!: The Random Thoughts, Opinions, and Reminiscences of a Cranky Old Man


"Born in Tulsa Oklahoma and raised on both coasts while following his oft-transferred father, the author is 64-years-old and has 4 children, 5 grandchildren, and 2 ex-wives. He graduated from Lafayette College in 1968 with a major in Economics and a minor in staying out of Vietnam. Mr. Hagy spent 40 years on Wall Street as a middle manager in broker operations. Known by family and friends for having an opinion on any subject of which he admits to being often wrong, but never in doubt, he was urged to put down his thoughts and stories for posterity. The result is Maybe It's Just Me. His opinions, often in tongue and cheek humor, on a variety of subjects and a mixture of stories are entertaining and sometimes thought-provoking. The book is easy-reading and Mr. Hagy asserts that, "No bathroom should be without a copy."

Fresh off the success of his publication Maybe It's Just Me! the author is back again with I Used To Be Stupid.

Mr. Hagy's newest publication relates the journeys of a stupid young boy; a stupid adolescent; a stupid young man; and a stupid, jaded, twice-divorced adult to finally become the evolved, wise, cranky old man he is today.

Both books are on my list to read by the way. 
Giving up smoking to me means that I have given up the ashcan gossip. Hopefully for good but I no longer take those trips outside with friends because Lord knows it's only been five months now. Friends now think that I am a goody two shoes or at least that is what they ask me when I just say no to go outside for some real juicy ashcan gossip. Most don't share the stories with me anymore. I miss being one of them and kept in the loop of Who's Who.

What can I say? I love the witty sarcasm in his postings and personally, I don't think he is all that Cranky. I hope you can stop over and visit Mr C @ Cranky Old Man and then afterwards stop by and check out his books!

Resources for this post:
Pic Credit: Cranky Old Man
Amazon Books
Blog: Cranky Old Man

6 comments:

  1. OMG!! What a nice surprise. Well I won't be Cranky for today at least.

    Thank you for the kind words. I knew I liked you.

    BTW i cheat and have a cigar with the fun outside people. When you are off the butts for a little while it may be safe to do the same. Being from WV you might get away with it.

    Anyway, thanks again, now you are especially one of my "Go to blogs!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoeH Hilarious! I love your wit, humor and sarcasm in your postings. :) And well I was telling recently telling a friend who is always talking about how she has ran into some famous people. So I said, yeah so I sometimes talk to someone who used to work on Wall St.
    She said, You? Yeah and I'm Dorothy, from Oz!
    I kinda left out the part of just reading and commenting on your blog trying to make myself look all important ya know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like I should follow his blog and read his books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visit him quite a lot. He is fun- ny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, a great new blog to follow! Loved this excerpt about smoking. Anyone who quits after years and years of smoking is to be admired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been a follower of his for a while - he makes me laugh every time!

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!