Friday, September 5, 2014

Blog It Forward: The Blog Known As Klahanie

Today is Friday and time once again for another Blog It Forward spotlight. There are so many creative and talented bloggers out there that I wish I could share them all in one day.

Today my Blog It Forward is honored to spotlight blogger Gary and sometimes Penny and his blog found
@ Klahanie


"Greetings friend,
This is my first blog. This is another positive step forward in getting on with my life. I challenge my 'inner-critic.' The 'master' that dictated that I had no self-worth. The master who told me not to impose myself on society. Now I question this negative authority. I have given myself permission to be positive. I shall no longer be a recluse. The world has so much to offer.
Have you ever woken up from a dream and didn't like the way it ended? Did you ever try to go back to sleep and change the ending? Many a time, my life felt like dreams with sad conclusions. The more positive me visualises a better ending to my dreams. I focus in my mind on just how good life can be. We all have the right to a happy ending. Our dreams, our goals, our aspirations are valid. Our spirit and our empathy will encourage us to make our positive plans an exciting reality.
In my postings I shall endeavour to be transparent. I will verbalise my thoughts in an open and honest manner. I must be true to myself and I must be true to you.
I look forward, with positive anticipation, the sincere interaction that we will share. When we help each other, we help ourselves. I thank you for your time. Warm regards klahanie."

I also read on his pages that Gary's blog 'klahanie' has also been featured on the B.B.C.'s radio station 'Radio 5 Live'. On a show titled: 'Pods and Blogs' Gary's interview highlighted the unfair stigma that is still attached to mental health issues. 

"I firmly believe that the media can help redress the balance. How about sensationalizing the positive recovery stories rather than the negative stereotypes that people with mental health issues have to endure? I am a man challenging his 'inner critic.' I will not 'surrender' to my symptoms. I give myself permission to be positive. I try to live my life with positive anticipation. I refuse to let negative speculation overwhelm me. We all have the right to peace and contentment. I want to give others positive affirmations. I am not daunted by my loneliness. For in my solitude, I have discovered a determined resilience. I care passionately for people who have been undermined in an unjust world. I challenge the stigma that still surrounds mental health issues."

Those that already read Gary's blog know that Klahanie is a blog with true inspiration and yes often humor. His sidekick Penny is a true pawsitive Internet superstar. I hope you can find time to stop by and visit the blog Klahanie today. 

Hopefully today I can catch up on comments! As I was working on that yesterday my Internet suddenly went out. I thought it was just a traffic jam on the ole information super highway. I later learned a car took out a pole at the entrance of my development. Split it right in half so today is catch up day once again!

Resources for this post
Story and pic credit: Gary and Penny

4 comments:

  1. I visited him this morning and there are some really cute pictures of Penny today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Penny and Gary are both superstars. Another great blog to feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary and Penny! Excellent choice. The A to Z Challenge's official anti-spokesman.

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!