Friday, September 12, 2014

Blog It Forward: Will Miss You Donna Hole

Today is Friday and time once again for another Blog It Forward spotlight. It is with great sadness once again having to say goodbye to a really great person, blogger and writer in the blogging world. Donna, who blogged about A Writer's Life In Progress and also writer of urban fantasy and erotic romance is leaving the blogging community. As a reader of romance and erotic romance I hope that she continues her writing and pursues all her dreams.

Donna was a big contributor to Romantic Fridays The Insecure Writers Support Group and DL
Hammonds, Write Club. She will be missed by many. I wanted to give this special spot today to wish her all the best in her endeavors both in life and with her writing. Today I am remembering her humorous side with this little piece:

"Its good they have a sense of humor, given all the problems that came up.  But it looks like all is well now.
Grab your funny bone, put down your beverages (you don't want to spew on your screen), and get set for a hilarious day of reading.
The jokes or humorous stories can be either writing or work related.  This being a community of writers, with about 70 participants, I'm sure there are likely to be some repeats for writing jokes.  So I'm opting for a work related funny that my program manager regaled us with at our last all staff meeting.   And yes, I do work at the most awesome agency I could imagine.  If you have to have a day job, may as well like your co-workers and the actual job.

Not that things always go according to THE PLAN:

In the beginning, there was the Plan. And then came the Assumptions. And the Assumptions were without form, And the Plan was without substance. And darkness was upon the face of the Workers. And they spoke among themselves, saying, "It is a crock of shit and it stinketh." 
And the Workers went unto their Supervisors and said, "It is a pail of dung and none may abide the odor thereof." And the Supervisors went unto their Managers, saying, "It is a container of excrement and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it." 
And the Managers went unto their Directors, saying, "It is a vessel of fertilizer and none may abide it's strength." And the Directors spoke amongst themselves, saying one to another, "It contains that which aids plant growth and it is very strong." 
And the Directors went unto the Vice President, saying, "It promotes growth and it is very powerful." And the Vice Presidents went unto the President, saying, "This new Plan will actively promote the growth and vigor of the company with powerful effects." 

And the President looked upon the Plan and saw that it was good. And the Plan became Policy. This is how Shit Happens. "


I know some of you are pretty depressed by my posts these last few days because of my posts on a serious note. Both reader stats and hate mail are both down in numbers! But honestly, I really didn't know what else to do being from West Virginia and all didn't want to be accused of being something else and well, I really don't need another group sending me hate emails either. I have a real special post for Monday that I know ya'll love and I need the weekend to get some VO 5 hot oil hair treatment on this hair o' mine. I'm sure on Monday my hair will be fried and sizzl'in!

I hope ya'll come back Monday for a real special post about West Virginia joining in the fight!!!

Resources for this post:
Donna Hole

3 comments:

  1. We'll never forget everything she did for the blogging community and for each of us individually. Donna, you will be missed by many! Thank you for everything! A wonderful farewell to Donna gossip girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad when people leave, but I can completely understand the many reasons people do. Blogging can take a lot of time.

    I'm struggling to make visits at the moment - but I'm trying my best... I still love your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!