- The rehearsal dinner is a kegger
- Everyone attending is in blue jeans or camouflage.
- The bride and her wedding party is wearing cut offs and halter tops.
- The groom and his party are wearing camo
- Streamers are made from empty Pabst Blue Ribbon cans.
- Everyone attending is carrying a firearm (We've been to weddings where this was requested on the invite)
- No hillbilly wedding ever occurs on a NASCAR race day
- There is a part about Hunting Season written into the vows
- Any male other than the brides father or grandfather that tries to dance with the bride is given a huge wedgie no doubt 'bout that.
- There are dogs there. Sometimes a dog may stand up front with the wedding party
- The reception is a hog roast and BBQ and always BYOB.
- The hors'doeurvre's served are cut up pepperoni rolls and Vienna sausauge.
- The bride and groom will never argue over red or white? The drink of choice will be clear and served out of Mason jars.
- The wedding is always held outdoors and includes a huge bonfire and mud hole.
- The flowers look like they came from a funeral be'cuz chances are great they did
- Wedding favors are shotgun shells
- The bride and groom are registered at Cabela's
- The wedding cake is a plate of ding dong's, ho-ho's and whoopie pies.
- The couple leave the wedding ceremony in a pickup painted camouflage blowing the Dixie horn (Wait that was my wedding. That's how we left the church)
- The honeymoon involves the outdoors; camping and/or hunting (wait that was mine)
Ever been to a wedding like this?I came up with this list because I've attended weddings like this a time or two and well the hubby and I are talking 'bout renewing our vows sometime in the future and I want it to be a hillbilly style celebration!
Resources for this post:
Post written by: © 2014 Gossip Girl