Friday, June 10, 2016

Sometimes When I hear Things Like This...

I was catching up on some blog reading when I stumbled on a fellow bloggers post,


Posted by blogger Chris @ Tilting At Windmills. Through the laughs at government expense I started thinking,

After reading it I was reminded of something and now wonder, Just WTF is wrong with our government? Sometimes when I hear things like this I just want to scream!

I could care one rats ass hair about a government study on hair. We are in a heroin crisis in this country. Look at the shape of many communities because of it?

I live in Berkeley County, WV. We here have the highest number of drug overdose and the number of drug related deaths in all of WV's 55 counties.

When they speak of the numbers of the drug addicted, our son is a number in there. Just a number, a statistic.

Berkeley County, WV also shot up to the number one spot in both overdoses and deaths related in the country. Per capita we beat out both Baltimore and Washington and we're not talking about Football here. This is human lives.

These numbers are nothing to be proud about.

Government wants to spend tax money taking hair samples when meanwhile the Federal and State Government spend $374 Billion dollars on substance abuse, drug addiction, treatment and prevention.

WTF!!! They spend $374 Billion dollars on it? Just WTF is that money spent on. Clearly not it's intended purpose because if they do, they why do we have such a huge drug problem in this country then?

The reality of it is that only 1.9% of that $374 Billion dollars is spent on substance abuse, drug addiction, treatment and prevention. My question is WTF is the money being spent on?

Why are we not questioning this? Oh trust me I just recently found this information out and have questioned my politians. I'm happy to say that Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) says that he is proposing a tax increase which would bring yet another $2 Billion dollars to this already horrendous mess. He's dubbing it the LIFEBOAT.

The Lifeboat? Just whose freaking lives will be saved anyway?

We don't need another $2 billion dollars going into a kitty pot slush fund with no one managing this money.

Seriously- This is why I would vote for term limits on our politicans!!

Anyway...

Last night's meeting went okay. I got to the part in my speak, "If you had a disease there was a place in which you could go to be treated how would you feel if everyone was fighting over it?"

The Mayor did come out with to say he was putting in place a drug initiative. Some of his points sound good. I guess with everything only time will tell.



5 comments:

  1. Hope you get the treatment place you need.
    I imagine most of that money goes to fighting the drug lords in other countries from bringing it here. That's not really working either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the plug! However, you bring us back to the more serious side of this waste. Why Manchin would even THINK this was a good idea (outside of his political affiliation) is beyond me. The government has ALL the money it needs, it doesn't have the will to use it right. Much like the addicts that need it's help. Almost every social problem we have has a co-dependant in Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate to say this, but drug addiction is like cancer. More than likely, there is a cure which would mean there wouldn't be billions for our government to make anymore, nor would the shady doctors or shrinks or the CEO at the top of the mental hospitals or hospitals. Drug addiction and cancer are money makers. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hate to say this, but drug addiction is like cancer. More than likely, there is a cure which would mean there wouldn't be billions for our government to make anymore, nor would the shady doctors or shrinks or the CEO at the top of the mental hospitals or hospitals. Drug addiction and cancer are money makers. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are staggering numbers. If we can't gain any traction by throwing $374 billion at something, I don't see how taxing people more will help. I think Chris said it correctly when he stated that they aren't wisely using the money they've got (obviously). That's a lot of money. That is a horrific amount of waste. Of course, that is across the board. It's depressing.

    I realize I haven't been here in a while. I'm sorry about your son. I really hope that he finds the help he needs (and the will to take it).

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!