Monday, October 1, 2018

No More Rain Please!

Since I don't watch the news because we are on our third TV because I broke the other ones I don't know how much local news would ever make it to the National News Spotlight especially as it relates to all of the rain and all of the localized flooding that occurs with only a brief shower now!

My guess is absolutely none. It's highly likely national news journalists traveled here once and got caught up in our Foxcroft Ave traffic nightmare and found it's just not worth it to report anything. They can't even get the traffic lights synchronized around here.

Yep, that one right there!
Let's just say that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the engineer who came up with that idea needed to stay in school just a little longer. Could be that person went to too many college parties where beer pong 101 was a class. I don't know!

Anyway, that little spot in red is where I am from and live at in West Virginia.

The street I live on is right off of a major route in and out of this county should a real emergency occur here. The major emergency route or Route 11 is to my left; the Interstate to my right and close enough that I am used to hearing jake brakes now.

Should an emergency occur and depending on the emergency it's a toss-up if we would make it out now since it appears something has failed.

Several years ago and about a half mile from my house on the major emergency route, that section of highway went through a couple of million dollar road project. I don't remember the exact words used to describe it but I remember and I am pretty sure that taxpayer money was used for it. Fast forward to what has been happening on this highway right now that I now refer to as clowns to the left of us and jokers to the right and especially with all of the rain that we've gotten this year and new this year, flooding.

This is the end of our road as it intersects with US Route 11. It is to the right of the picture and covered in water.


 See the darker car setting sideways? That is not a street. That is a drainage ditch along the roadway that this car got stuck in and then the driver proceeds to get out and not get to safety but got behind the car and tried to push it out and when that didn't work got in front and tried to pull the car out. 

That is when I walked back to my house. I was afraid that idiot driver was going to slip underneath the vehicle.

This is to the right of us


And forget about the signs with warnings like, TURN AROUND, DON'T BE AN IDIOT AND DROWN around here that they just drive through it anyway. What is that important on the other side?

See the line of the shoulder of the roadway and then notice how quickly it disappears under the water?

I have a picture of this flood water swallowing up a Benz but I can't find it right now.

Other than the stupid drivers who drive through the road closure signs, those of us living along this stretch of highway are wondering, what the hell happened to our stretch of road? Why is it flooding like this now when it never flooded like this before?

Depending on whom you talk to it's a toss up between all that Aqua Net or White Rain hairspray of years ago.

I am not a highway engineer but something has clearly failed!

I don't know what PO'd mother nature this year, but it can stop raining now! There are more pics, I just have to get them off my camera.

pics were taken by me

© 2018 Gossip_GrL

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your section floods now. Those photos look like our area a couple weeks ago with the hurricane. Some idiots do drive through it and the rest are too terrified to leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was this time when I was a kid where my mom drove through water so deep that it came in the bottoms of the car doors. I don't know what she was thinking or, actually, how the car made it through. She never did anything like that again, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your travelogues of your home state- or at least the governing thereof- leaves me not only appreciative of Indiana but wondering how in the crap you get to this sort of megacluster. If this were Indiana, though, they'd solve the problem by putting a roundabout in, prolly right over the drainage ditch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a lot of rain to fill the street like that. When parts of our town flooded after the hurricane, there were so many barricades and cops out, no one was sneaking through a flooded area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really bad, hopefully someone who skipped beerpong 101 and took drainage 101 will fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not like driving on roads that have water over them as you don't know if it is just over the road or truly flooded. My sister in-laws grandmother was killed when she tried to drive on a flooded road three years ago

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a very interesting content you have there. Every line i read is just like i open a new world. Please post more often,because this is exactly the type of content i want every day. i promise to visit everyday.


    ReplyDelete
  8. "Thank you for nice information
    Please visit our website unimuda and uhamka"

    ReplyDelete

Like the posting? Give Me a Hollerback here! Don't like it, well post a hollerback anyway, if you'ant to!